Happy New Years Eve! Today is a day to celebrate all that has occurred in 2013 and anticipate what will come in the New Year. For those of you with kids, New Years Eve looks a little different from before kids, but you can still have a lot of fun in Charleston and Summerville with your crew!
Here are some ideas for staying at home and celebrating New Years Eve in the comforts of your own Summerville home as well as what’s going on around Charleston, SC this New Year’s Eve.
If you want to stay IN with your kids this New Years Eve in Summerville…
- Make New Years Eve Noisemakers with the kids! All you need is a piece of printer paper, tape and scissors!
- Scrapbook/Collage Time: Get out favorite ticket stubs, programs, and photos of fun activities your family enjoyed the past year and put them together as a family. This will get the memories rolling and the fun times experienced again.
- Family Meeting: Take time to connect and hear from your family about the past year and the New year to come…
- Talk about the Past Year: Ask each member of your family “What is one thing you are grateful for that happened last year?”
- Talk about the New Year: Ask each of your kids “What is one thing you would like to do in this New Year?” Make sure you listen to their ideas and see if you can make them happen. 🙂
- Celebrate! Come midnight (or 9pm if you have little ones) blow bubbles, stomp on bubble wrap and toot the noise makers you made!
If you want to go OUT this New Years Eve, check out these three fun events!
Charleston Children’s Museum:
Join us for NOON YEAR’S EVE at the Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry! We’ll celebrate the start of 2014 with colorful confetti, sparkling art projects & a glitzy ball drop at Noon! Purchase or renew your CML Membership for a one-day special of $14 off! This event is FREE with CML Membership or Museum admission.
Charleston, SC New Year’s Eve Celebration
This community celebration offers a non-alcoholic and family oriented alternative program to celebrate the New Year in Charleston. This city-wide, admission-free program has something wonderful for everyone: comedy, African dancing, many forms of music including classical, gospel and jazz, children’s activities and so much more. Marion Square, King & Calhoun Sts. Dec. 31 from 4-10:30p.m. Admission: FREE. For more info, call (843) 724-7305 and email Heywardr@charleston-sc.gov.
Goose Creek Christmas Lakeside Light Display
If you haven’t checked out the lights yet….Come out and enjoy the spectacular light display, Santa will be there so bring your cameras, enjoy cookies, hot chocolate, free hayrides and some much more. Bring your canned goods to donate to Helping Hands of Goose Creek.
When: Dec 5 – Jan 1, 6 – 10pm FREE