Five Steps to Buying A Summerville Home
Get Pre-Qualified to buy a home
- Meet with a Mortgage Banker
- Save for a Down Payment (10-20% of purchase price)
- If you own a home, place it on the market with a qualified Summerville realtor.
Find a Realtor
- Ask for Referrals from friends, family and work acquaintances.
- Check the Realtor’s online presence & reviews on the web.
- Explain your needs & timeline to the realtor you choose and let them go to work for you. They should set up custom searches and keep their ears and eyes open for Summerville houses that will work for your situation.
Find a Summerville Property
- Share your criteria with your realtor-what
- Summerville neighborhoods or New Home Construction in Summerville that interest you
- Amenities that you would like to have such as a neighborhood pool, play park, bike trails
- House size-beds/baths, square footage
- Schools – let your realtor know if there is a specific school you would like your child to attend
- Budget – this will be determined by what you are pre-qualified for and is important to communicate to your Summerville realtor.
- View homes online: set up account on your Summerville realtor’s website so you can save houses you like and revisit areas that interest you.
Make an Offer
- Once you have found your favorite home, don’t wait to long before you place an offer. Remember good houses go quickly in this Summerville market.
- Work with your Realtor to write a contract.
- Rely on neighborhood comps and your Realtor’s expertise to place a competitive bid.
- Keep your credit score stable throughout the process.
Close on Your House
- Conduct Home Inspection-negotiate repairs with sellers
- Secure Mortgage
- Obtain Homeowner’s Insurance
- Review HUD Statement with realtor prior to closing
- Set up utility bills in your name
- Sign the closing papers and start enjoying your new home!