The temperatures are warming here in the Lowcountry, but the homes for sale in Summerville are still selling as quickly as they are listed. New homes for sale in Summerville are especially picking up steam as some of the master planned communities, such as Nexton and Summers Corner, are catching traction and moving into further development stages. More established new home communities in Summerville such as Cane Bay Plantation, Carnes Crossroads and Daniels Orchard are seeing their new home construction sell extremely quickly as well. If you are interested in buying a new home for sale in Summerville, make sure you read Do I need a Realtor when I Buy New Home Construction and then call me!
According to our Summerville real estate market reports, we have 22% less homes for sale in Summerville then we did this time last year. We continue to have around 2 months supply of homes for sale in Summerville .
This lack of real estate for sale in Summerville, SC continues to drive our seller’s market and Summerville prices up continue to move up. The average price per square foot in Summerville is up to $116/square foot.
If you want to buy a summerville home, you need to act quickly and intelligently as a buyer. Ensuring that you are working with an experienced Summerville realtor will save you headache and heartache when you try to purchase a home in Summerville. When you are purchasing, don’t forget these Four Vital Questions to Ask When You Buy a Home.
I can help you if you are interested in seeing real estate for sale in Summerville, SC , buying a home in the Summerville area, new home in Summerville , a historic home in Summerville or selling your Summerville home.
If you are a home seller and would like to discuss your Summerville Home and what it is worth in our market today, please e-mail me for more information or fill out this form.
Do I need a realtor when I buy a new home construction for sale in Summerville or the surrounding areas? This is a great question most new home buyers ask themselves. First, let’s cover some facts to help answer this question for you.
- Cost of A Realtor:
- The cost for you to have a realtor representing you is free. Home builders always pay realtors a percentage of the home. It is a built in cost that they expect to pay and if you don’t bring a realtor with you, that results in more profit for them. They will not reduce the price of their home because that will lower the values of all of their other homes. As a result, you should always have representation when you walk into a new home development site or talk to a new home salesperson. The new home salesperson is representing the Builder, and protecting their best interests. The contracts, which are unique to their development are written in favor of the builders and you need your South Carolina realtor to go through the contract and advise you.
- Who Works For You?
- The salesperson onsite at a development will be extremely friendly and helpful, but don’t forget that they are employed and paid by the builder and their loyalty will go with them. After the contract is signed, as questions come up and if problems occur, you will be grateful you have an agent who is solely looking out for you and making sure the builder is doing what he is supposed to do. You can’t always expect that from an onsite agent who has moved on and is working with new clients. Making sure you have a Summerville Realtor who is working for you is vital in the new home buying process. Having a son who is a custom home builder, helps me to have an extra layer of experience in the New Home Construction arena. This knowledge of the ins and outs of the building process will help you to make wise decisions about your new home for sale in Summerville.
- Most people think that buying a new home is like buying something at the store…it is a fixed price with no room for negotiations. However, depending on the temperature of the market, this is not always true. Because we are in a heavy seller’s market right now, there is less wiggle room, but while the prices are often firm, incentives, upgrades and closings costs are all negotiation tools that your Realtor can wield in your favor.
- Benefits to you…
- When you buy on your own without representation the benefit to you equals ZERO. When you purchase without a buyer’s agent, the savings go to the builder and are not passed on to you. Your realtor’s job is not just about finding you your home, but successfully navigating you through the passages that will see it all the way to completion and see that your best interests are always honored. Don’t make the mistake of trying to handle your new home purchase without representation.
Please contact me if you have any questions for me about the process or would like to look at New Homes for Sale in Summerville or the surrounding areas. I ask that all of my clients allow me to come along or at a minimum allow me to pre-register you with the builder for your first visit if you would rather check things out the first time on your own.
Another beautiful new home for sale in Summerville has left the market! This gorgeous new construction home was built in one of Summerville’s new home developments called Coosaw Preserve .
Coosaw Preserve began selling homes in 2015 and over 168 homes have been built and sold in the Summerville community. Homes for sale in Coosaw Preserve have gained such popularity because of their central location and close proximity to shopping, entertainment, and golfing (The Wescott Plantation golf course is close by!). It is located on the Dorchester County side of Ladson right off of Patriots Blvd.
The homes for sale in Coosaw Preserve range in size from 1645-3568 sq. ft. and include three different collections of homes which have their own floor plans and designs. The homes that have sold in Coosaw Preserve have ranged in price from $195,115 to $382,320 with the average sitting right around $284,049. With resort style amenities and excellent location, it is easy to see why this new home community in Summerville has become so popular.
Please feel free to contact me if you are interested in buying a home in Summerville, new home in Summerville , a historic home in Summerville or selling your Summerville home.
Carnes Crossroads in Summerville, SC
Carnes Crossroads in Summerville, SC is a great new home development that is in full swing! If you haven’t been to Carnes Crossroads to check out the new homes and amenities, watch this short video of Carnes Crossroads to get a feel for the landscape or read my blog on Why Homes for Sale in Carnes Crossroads are So Popular. They are hosting their first Farmers Market next week at the restored Green Barn on October 22nd from 3-7pm. Should be a great time for residents of Carnes to get out and meet each other. The Farmers Market is yet another way Carnes Crossroads is going to build a great community for those living in their homes.
To view homes for sale in Carnes Crossroads, visit HomesofSummerville.com or call me at 843-974-6029 to learn more about living in Carnes Crossroads.
Pine Forest Country Club Subdivision in Summerville, SC
Details on the Pine Forest Country Club Subdivision
Pine Forest Country Club has thirty-six homes currently for sale in Summerville, SC right now. Pine Forest Country Club is one of Summerville’s most popular golf communities as well as a beautiful place to live! There are over 1000 homes in Pine Forest Country Club some built as early as the 1980’s all the way to 2010. Some people are drawn to Pine Forest because of the community it offers through The Club at Pine Forest, others enjoy the close proximity to Pinewood Prep School and Dubose Middle, while others enjoy having a golf course in their backyard!
Pine Forest Country Club offers its members a gorgeous and challenging 18 hole golf course designed by Bob Spence, the lead designer for Davis Love III. The junior Olympic size pool is open year round and offers swimming lessons , the Pine Forest Swim Team and water aerobic classes. With a full bathhouse, Cabana Bar and Grill and inviting pool, members will enjoy countless hours by the pool.. In addition to the golf course and pool, Pine Forest Country Club also has 10 ELSCO lighted clay courts.
During the school year, Pine Forest Country Club children attend the highly sought after Dorchester District II Public Schools : William Reeves Elementary, Dubose Middle, and Summerville High School. If you have never visited Pine Forest Country Club, please call me for a home tour and to see the homes for sale in Pine Forest Country Club.
Pine Forest Country Club- Summerville, SC Real Estate Market
A review of Summerville, SC real estate market shows the following activity in Pine Forest Country Club:
- Average Sales Price in Pine Forest Country Club: $310,967
- Median Sales Price in Pine Forest Country Club: $319,000
- Average Price Per Square Foot in Pine Forest Country Club: $122.08
Simmons Grove Subdivision in Summerville, SC
Details on the Simmons Grove Subdivision
Simmons Grove has five homes currently for sale in Summerville, SC right now. Simmons Grove is a new Summerville subdivision located in the heart of Summerville in the historic district. With only 28 lots , Simmons Grove is a small development being built by Pulte Homes. Twenty of the homes/lots have been sold and there are currently eight lots left for sale in Simmons Grove. View all of the homes for sale in Simmons Grove.
The greatest pull of Simmons Grove is its location. When you live in Simmons Grove you are situated in the heart of the town of Summerville and within walking distance to local Summerville shops, Azalea Park (home of the famous Azalea/Flowertown Festival), Summerville Farmer’s Market and the nearby Summerville YMCA. During the school year, Simmons Grove children attend the highly sought after Dorchester District II Public Schools : Flowertown Elementary, Alston Middle, and Summerville High School. If you have never visited Simmons Grove, please call me for a home tour and to see the homes for sale in Simmons Grove.
Simmons Grove – Summerville, SC Real Estate Market
A review of Simmons Grove in Summerville, SC real estate market shows the following activity in Simmons Grove:
- Average Sales Price in Simmons Grove: $397,401
- Median Sales Price in Simmons Grove: $397,665
- Average Price Per Square Foot in Simmons Grove: $138.01
Homes for Sale in White Gables are located in Summerville, SC. White Gables is a new home construction development that is designed to foster a close knit community. White Gables encourages this type of community among its owners with shared sidewalks, narrow streets and many fun community events. The amenities at White Gables include a beautiful Olympic size swimming pool, clubhouse, walking trails, playground and kiddie pool.
Building began in White Gables in 2001 and has continued for the past 12 years. As a result, there are original homes for sale as well as brand new homes still being built by builders in White Gables. The price range in White Gables varies based on age of home, square footage and style. Currently, the most inexpensive home in White Gables is listed for $134,900 for a 1400 square foot house and the most expensive home in White Gables is listed for $258,562. If you want to buy in White Gables, a great deal right now is this new home for Sale in White Gables priced at $79/square foot.
White Gables New Home for $79/Square Foot
Please Contact Me for further information on buying a home for sale in White Gables Subdivision in Summerville, SC .